Thursday, February 23, 2012

An Adventure

Hi Sweeties, while ago the bf and I went for a drive out to Sumner, we hadnt been there since the earthquakes but had heard it was pretty hard hit. There are alot of cliffs and hills out that way which crumbled with the earthquakes and aftershocks. We had some lunch and went for a wander on the beach, check out some pics below of the beach, houses teetering over cliffs and what sumner looks like a year on from the big quake.


Sumner - Check out my beautiful ride (the white Subaru)

Shipping containers in place in case of cliff falls

MOi

Sumner beach, stupid wind kept blowing up the top part of my dress it has a wee ruffle around the top

Maxi - Factorie





Hour teetering on a cliff

Another abandoned home

          The drive home past big cliffs protected by shipping containers - kinda puts you on edge driving past!

I have a busy weekend ahead with a Birthday party, 21st, The Beer Festival, packing, cleaning....whew! We move next weekend and I feel like we've done nothing.....Im sure we'll sort it out though.

Happy Thursday Lovelies xxx

5 comments:

  1. Wow - those shipping containers are crazy, but it's a good idea to help protect from rock falls - ingenious huh!
    Love your maxi - and hope you enjoy your busy weekend :)

    Sadie x
    www.whatsadiedid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bold striped maxi dress! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shipping containers would freak me out too, I don't even know if I would have been able to drive lol. The town looks like its busy which is good and you look very beachy and comfy in that striped maxi.

    xoxo
    FAKE EMPIRE
    shopFAKE.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is so weird to see the aftermath and the earthquake rebuilding. You look great in that dress and it looks like you had a great time!!

    xoDale

    www.savvyspice.net

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and I always try my best to reply to your lovely comments on here or your blog xx